Monday 18 June 2012

We found Portnoy.

The 4 of us wandered undaunted throughout The City. At last in a basic cityscape a large explosion grabbed our attention. We hurried there and found Portnoy. He was standing in front of a weird sphere. Well ok that's not quite a description. It was a generally orb shaped hole in reality. As we watched a pulse of... something ripped out from the orb towards Portnoy and the street rose creating a wall to defend him. The pulse seemed to distort the air leaving a rip in existence along it's path and the wall just ceased to be when it hit. The others stopped and TDM said something that sounded like convoy or envoy. It didn't matter. Portnoy was in trouble and I was going to protect him. I rushed down and I heard a lot of cursing behind me but I didn't care. I reached his side and he turned to me. At that moment another pulse erupted from the thing and one of the buildings fell in front of us blocking it. It wasn't portnoy doing it. The City was protecting him.

Eventually the others had apparently come down and all 5 of us were facing the creature. Harold fired on the orb and the bullet stopped inches from it like something had grabbed it then it slowly split in half down the middle then into 4ths and onwards until there was nothing visible left. We all watched with amazement and horror. There was a deep rumbling sound and The Dying Man made a strangled sound. At that point the orb seemed to expand existence slowly becoming swallowed by it. "The City is trying to get a Door for us but The Envoy is preventing it!" Someone yelled. It was probably Portnoy or The Dying Man. Regardless of who spoke the meaning was clear. We needed to distract it somehow. I saw The Dying Man step forward. Then the thought suddenly launched into my head. "Fuck that. This is my moment." I launched myself forward. Catching the look of shock on The Dying Man's face with satisfaction as I ran past her. I threw myself at the expanding orb, I heard the whispering get louder and then I passed out.

When I woke up I had a new body and we were outside The City. I have no idea what happened.


(What I didn't cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment